The housing application for the spring semester of 2017 and the academic year 2017-2018 are now available.
You must be admitted to WVU Tech before you can apply for housing.
This is for ALL STUDENTS planning to live on campus.How to apply for housing:
- Receive your admittance letter from WVU Tech with your student ID Number and Log-in Name.
- You should have already received instructions in a letter for using the Student Portal. You can call Admissions and Records at WVU, 304.293.2121 to have your password reset.
- Go to login.wvu.edu and follow the instructions to activate your WVUD. (This will become your username and password to log into all WVU systems.)
- Complete the housing application at: myhousing.wvu.edu.
- You will also be able to pay the $200 housing deposit in the application.
- Once your application and deposit are on file, you will be notified by MIX email when to use the StarRez system to choose your own room.
- For those students that apply after March 30, you are able to continue straight through the application process and select your room.
- To select your room you will log into the system using the same process outlined above. If you have not used the StarRez system to make your room selection by July 1, the Campus Life office will assign you to a room.
If you decide not to attend WVU Tech and need to cancel your housing application, please email the Office of Campus Life at Tech-Campus-Life@mail.wvu.edu. Your $200 deposit will be fully refunded if you cancel by June 30th. If you cancel after June 30th, your deposit is forfeit.
Room Selection Priority Dates for 2017-2018:
- Returning students completing a housing application by February 28 may re-select their current room assignment between March 1 – March 3.
- Returning students completing a housing application by February 28 may select any available room on campus beginning March 6.
- New students completing a housing application by January 1 may select any available room on campus beginning March 13.
- New students completing a housing application after January 1 may select any available room on campus from March 20 to June 30.
If you have any questions about housing or the application/deposit process please contact the WVU Tech Campus Life Office at Tech-Campus-Life@mail.wvu.edu or (304) 442-3183.
Not sure what to bring to campus?
Download the packing list for details about what to pack and what not to bring.