Apply for Housing
Housing Application Information
The Spring Only Application will be available starting Oct. 18. Only students new to housing need to apply -- students currently in housing do not need to complete this application.
New to Tech?
Visit our New Resident website to learn all about housing, move-in, what to bring, and so much more!
How to Apply for Housing
You must be an admitted student of WVU Tech before you can apply for housing.
- If you have not yet activated your WVU account, go to login.wvu.edu and follow the instructions to activate your WVUD. (This will become your username and password to log into all WVU systems.)
- Complete the housing application at: myhousing.wvu.edu.
- Pay the $225 housing advanced payment in the application and finish all sections of the application. Once you have completed and paid, housing will be assigned.
- If you decide not to attend WVU Tech and need to cancel your housing application , please email the Office of Student Life at Tech-Campus-Life@mail.wvu.edu . Your $225 payment will be fully refunded if you cancel by June 30 (fall) or Dec. 30 (spring). If you cancel after June 30 (or after Dec. 30 for Spring only contracts), your deposit is forfeited.
Students seeking housing accommodations or with accessibility questions can obtain support through the Office of Accessibility Services.
All full-time students with fewer than 59 earned credit hours (including transfer credits) are required to live in University housing. Approval to live off-campus is granted with one of the following verified exceptions:
- Student will be residing with custodial parent(s)/guardian(s) within a commuting distance of 50 miles of WVU Tech
- Student is married
- Student with children living with them
- Student will be 21 years of age or older by the first day of the next fall semester
Students interested in an exemption to the housing requirement should complete the online housing application and select the "exemption" request.