Apply for Housing
Housing Application Information
The 2022-2023 academic year housing application is available online. Don't delay--submit your housing application and $200 advance payment. All students with a paid application can select housing assignments and roommates March 1 - June 30.
Selecting Your Housing Assignment
- Feb. 15 - 28: Current residents can participate in the "Room Renewal" process to live in their current housing assignment next academic year.
- March 1 - June 30: All students may select their own room and search potential roommates. Once you have submitted your application and paid your $200, return to the housing portal starting March 1 to select your room and search roommates.
- June 13: Move-In appointments may be made starting June 13 through the online Housing Portal
- July 1: Starting July 1, all housing applications without an assignment will be assigned a room and roommates
New to Tech?
Visit our New Resident website to learn all about housing, move-in, what to bring, and so much more!
How to Apply for Housing
You must be an admitted student of WVU Tech before you can apply for housing.
- Receive your admittance letter from WVU Tech with your student ID Number and Log-in Name.
- Go to login.wvu.edu and follow the instructions to activate your WVUD. (This will become your username and password to log into all WVU systems.)
- Complete the housing application at: myhousing.wvu.edu.
- You will also be able to pay the $200 housing deposit in the application.
- Once your application and deposit are on file, you will be notified by MIX email when to use the StarRez system to choose your own room.
- To select your room you will log into the system using the same process outlined above. If you have not used the StarRez system to make your room selection by July 1, Residence Life will assign you to a room.
If you decide not to attend WVU Tech and need to cancel your housing application, please email the Office of Student Life at Tech-Campus-Life@mail.wvu.edu. Your $200 deposit will be fully refunded if you cancel by June 30 (fall) or Jan. 1 (spring). If you cancel after June 30 (or after Jan. 1 for Spring only contracts), your deposit is forfeited.Housing Accommodations
Students seeking housing accommodations or with accessibility questions can obtain support through the Office of Accessibility Services.
All full-time students with fewer than 59 earned credit hours (including transfer credits) are required to live in University housing. Approval to live off-campus is granted with one of the following verified exceptions:
- Student will be residing with custodial parent(s)/guardian(s) within a commuting distance of 50 miles of WVU Tech
- Student is married
- Student with children living with them
- Student will be 21 years of age or older by the first day of the next fall semester
Students interested in an exemption to the housing requirement should complete the online housing application and select the "exemption" request.