Skip to main content
  • Home
  • Apply for Housing

Apply for Housing

On Campus Housing Requirements

All full-time students with fewer than 59 earned credit hours (including transfer credits) are required to live in University housing unless one of the following exceptions apply (with verification, if requested). 

  • Student who will be residing with custodial parent(s)/guardian(s) within a commuting distance of 50 miles of WVU Tech.
  • Student is married
  • Student with a child(ren)
  • Student will be 21 years of age or older by the first day of the next fall semester

Nationwide, students that live on campus connect better to their college and make higher GPAs than students that commute from home or live off campus. In addition to an improved GPA, students that choose to live on campus also have more diverse social circles. Make the most of your time in college and live in one of our wonderful residence halls.

How to apply for housing:

You must be an admitted student of WVU Tech before you can apply for housing. 
  1. Receive your admittance letter from WVU Tech with your student ID Number and Log-in Name.
  2. Go to and follow the instructions to activate your WVUD. (This will become your username and password to log into all WVU systems.)
  3. Complete the housing application at:
  4. You will also be able to pay the $200 housing deposit in the application.
  5. Once your application and deposit are on file, you will be notified by MIX email when to use the StarRez system to choose your own room.
    1. For those students that apply after March 11, you are able to continue straight through the application process and select your room.
  6. To select your room you will log into the system using the same process outlined above. If you have not used the StarRez system to make your room selection by July 1, the Campus Life office will assign you to a room.

If you decide not to attend WVU Tech and need to cancel your housing application, please email the Office of Campus Life at Your $200 deposit will be fully refunded if you cancel by June 30th. If you cancel after June 30th, your deposit is forfeit.

Students with Accessibility Needs

Students seeking additional housing accommodations and services can obtain support through the  Office of Accessibility Services

Not sure what to bring to campus?  

Visit our Move-In page for details about what to pack and what not to bring.