Summer Conference & Housing Assistant
WVU Tech is hiring for two Summer Conference & Housing Assistants. These student positions are part-time (with an average of 20 hours per week), pay $10 per hour and include free summer housing. These are important student leadership positions that help ensure our summer guests have a positive experience while on our WVU Tech campus. Date of employment are May 8 - Aug. 9, 2023. Applications due April 10, 5pm.
- Assist with daily needs of camps and conferences
- Complete room checks before/after departure of camps
- Key management and Facilities management
- On call rotation 24/7 when camps and conferences are on campus for emergency needs, lock-outs, and other concerns
- Assist with housing projects and housing needs
- Other duties, as assigned
- Good academic standing, with a preferred GPA of a 2.5 or above
- Good judicial standing with no outstanding judicial sanctions
- Demonstrate the ability to be reliable, responsible, confident, and flexible
- Demonstrate the ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse group of camps as well as WVU Tech staff and faculty.
- Summer housing waiver
- WVU Tech gear
- Mentoring from professional student affairs staff