Move out information
Move Out Information
MOVE OUT: MAY 11 - MAY 30
Resident students are invited to return to campus to collect their belongings and complete their check out process.
WVU Tech continues to be responsive to health and safety guidance. Below are details and expectations to ensure that residents, families and staff are safe and adhere to that guidance.
Please make sure that you bring your student ID, room key, and mailbox key with
you to check out.
Please follow this link to login to the Housing Portal and select your time slot for Move Out.
Move out dates and scheduling process
- Move out will begin Monday, May 11 and continue through Saturday May 30.
- Student MUST register - any arriving for move out who is not scheduled to move out on that day and time will be denied access to their building; this is maintain the highest possible level of health and safety.
- Registration MUST be competed at least 48 hours prior to arrival.
- Registration changes may be made up to
48 hours prior to arrival; students may access the system to make any
changes prior to the 48-hour window. If within 48 hours, students should
email their Resident Director for instructions.
Health and Safety
- Please come prepared with Personal Protection Equipment, to include mask and gloves
- Each building will have and limited supply of masks and gloves available.
- WVU Tech staff will clean and sanitize high touch areas and available carts throughout the day.
- Suite mates/roommates cannot select the the same time slot.
- The time slot designation within each building is to support the health and safety of residents, family members and staff.
Check out Process
Only ONE family member/support
person may accompany the resident into the building to help with
move-out. This is to maintain the highest possible level of health and
- To protect the health of staff, students and families, WVU Tech will not provide assistance in moving items between student rooms and personal vehicle(s).
- Upon arrival to campus, please check-in at the main lobby area. You will find a table in the lobby containing the following:
- A folder with your name which will contain a copy of the move-out instructions and your mail.
- A box to place your keys when you have moved all of your belongings out
- Residents are asked to clean their room as thoroughly as possible; however, a complete, deep clean is not required.
- Please remove all personal belongings and dispose of any food (from microfridge) and trash to appropriate trash receptacles.
- All belongings left after move out will be promptly discarded
- Excessive trash or abandoned personal belongings, and damage to the room and furnishings may result in charges to the resident.
- Microfridges must be left unplugged.
- There will be minimal staff available in the building. Staff will be present to assist with controlling access and managing of supplies.
- Carts will be sanitized between each resident's check out.
- Each resident will be limited to the use of one cart during their assigned move out time.
After your room is packed…
- Check for personal belongings
- Secure door behind you
- Prior to leaving building
- Turn in room key and mailbox key to the box on the check-out table.
- Any key not returned will result in a charge