Move out information
Move Out Information
MOVE OUT Fall 2020:
Residence Halls close on Wednesday, November 25 at 12 noon. The last meal in the Bear's Den will be Dinner on Tuesday, November 24. Residents needing to stay longer need to speak with their Resident Director. All residents must vacate the halls by 12 noon on Wednesday, November 25.
During break, university staff WILL need to enter student rooms to check on heat, perform routine maintenance (including extermination), sanitize, and complete work orders.
Returning to WVU Tech:
- You may leave your belongings in your room, but WVU Tech will not be responsible for items left in your room.
- Shut and lock your windows and close your drapes/blinds.
- Remove trash and recycling and dispose of them in the proper dumpster.
- Set your thermostat to the lowest heat setting with low fan.
- Remove any perishable items from your room and refrigerator.
- Unplug all electronic devices, including Microfridge (and defrost it).
- Sign out on the sheet by your exterior suite door as you are leaving the building
Not Returning to WVU Tech:
- Please see your Resident Director to schedule a move out time at least 24 hours prior to leaving.
- Clean your room including vacuuming, mopping, sweeping
- Clean desks, closets, and microfridge
- Remove all posters and tape from the walls, windows, ceilings, and doors. If you used 3M strips, please leave them on the wall.
- Remove all trash and recyclables and place them in the proper dumpster.
- Check your mailbox and the RD office for any letters or packages.
- Failure to check-out with your RD will result in a $50 improper check-out fee.