Move out information
Move Out Information
MOVE OUT Spring 2021:
Residence Halls close on Saturday, May 8 at 2pm. The last meal in the Bear's Den will be Dinner on May 7.
Residents needing to stay longer need to speak with their Resident Director.
All residents MUST vacate the halls by 2pm on Saturday, May 8.
Beginning this Spring, Residents at WVU Tech will have two Check Out Options to choose from; both options allow for each resident to have up to two people to assist with move out. All students and their helpers must wear a mask that covers their mouth and nose and follow social distancing guidelines.
The Two options are:
A.) Traditional Check Out:
- Residents will signup for a check out time using their myhousing.wvu.edu account.
- Residents will be 100% Moved Out and ready for a member of the Housing Staff to check the room. The Resident must pack up and remove all of your belongings from your room. Residents are responsible for cleaning the space and removing all belongings and trash/recyclables.
- Cleaning supplies may be checked out from the RD office.
- During this check out appointment, a Housing staff member will assess any damages to your room/suite, ensure your belongings are removed, and collect the room and mailbox keys.
Students may choose this option if they feel their room is in "good condition" or if they wish to leave at any point outside of 9 am to 8 pm and do not want to complete a check out with a Housing staff member.
- You must pack up and remove all your belongings from your room.
- You are responsible for cleaning the space and removing your belongings and trash.
- Cleaning supplies may be checked out at the RD office.
- Report any damages that have occurred while living in the room/suite on the form provided to you. Your room/suite will be inspected after you move out, and you will be charged for any damages, missing items, and/or cleaning charges. Damages, missing items, and/or cleaning that no one claims responsibility for will be divided equally among those living in your room/suite.
- Ask your Resident Director or Resident Assistant for an Express Checkout Envelope
- Put your room and mailbox keys in the envelope and seal it.
- Fill out your name, WVUID number, room number, and time of check out.
- Sign the envelope and return it to the Check Out Station or Drop Box.
- Charges for any additional individual room/suite damages that are found after check out will be charged to the student's account.
Please note that residents using the express checkout option waive their right to appeal any individual room/suite damage charges.
Tips for a Successful Move Out Experience:
- Clean your room including vacuuming, mopping, sweeping
- Clean desks, closets, and defrost/clean the microfridge (please leave the doors on the microfridge propped open)
- Remove all posters and tape from the walls, windows, ceilings, and doors. If you used 3M or command strips, please leave them on the wall.
- Remove all trash and recyclables and place them in the proper dumpster.
- Check your mailbox and the RD office for any letters or packages.
- Failure to check-out properly will result in a $50 improper check-out fee.