Becoming An RA
A Resident Assistant (RA) is a vital member of the Housing Staff. By becoming an RA you will learn many valuable skills that will help you after you graduate. An RA is an important student leader on campus.
An RA serves as a mentor, a connector, and is knowledgeable about campus and resources available for students. As an RA you will have an opportunity to learn and hone a wide variety of skills ranging from critical thinking, time management, problem solving, and communication skills.
Becoming an RA is your chance to make an impact on West Virginia University Institute of Technology!
Requirements to become an RA:
- Have completed at least one full semester at WVU Tech.
- Have a minimum of a 2.5 semester and cumulative GPA.
- Be in Good Disciplinary Standing.
- This is defined as having no active sanctions.
- Be a full-time student at WVU Tech.
- Willing to make an academic year commitment even though appointments are for only one semester