You must be admitted to WVU Tech before you can apply for housing.
How to apply for housing:
- Receive your admittance letter from WVU Tech with your student ID Number
and Log-in Name.
- You should have already received instructions in a letter for using the Student Portal. You can call Admissions and Records at WVU, 304.293.2121 to have your password reset.
- Go to login.wvu.edu and follow the instructions to activate your WVUD. (This will become your username and password to log into all WVU systems.)
- Complete the housing application at: myhousing.wvu.edu.
- You will also be able to pay the $200 housing deposit in the application.
- Once your application and deposit are on file, you will be notified by MIX email
when to use the StarRez system to choose your own room.
- For those students that apply after March 30, you are able to continue straight through the application process and select your room.
- To select your room you will log into the system using the same process outlined above. If you have not used the StarRez system to make your room selection by July 1, the Campus Life office will assign you to a room.
If you decide not to attend WVU Tech and need to cancel your housing application, please email the Office of Campus Life at Tech-Campus-Life@mail.wvu.edu. Your $200 deposit will be fully refunded if you cancel by June 30th. If you cancel after June 30th, your deposit is forfeit.
All single first and second-year students with fewer than 59 credit hours (including transfer credits) are required to live in University housing. The following exceptions apply with verification:
- Students who will be residing with parent(s) within the commuting distance of 50 miles of WVU Tech.
- Married students
- Students with children
- Students 21 years of age or older
Nationwide, students that live on campus connect better to their college and make higher GPAs than students that commute from home or live off campus. In addition to an improved GPA, students that choose to live on campus also have more diverse social circles. Make the most of your time in college and live in one of our wonderful residence halls.
Students with Accessibility Needs
Students seeking additional housing accommodations and services can obtain support through the Office of Accessibility Services
Room Selection Priority Dates for 2017-2018:
- Returning students completing a housing application by February 28 may re-select their current room assignment between March 1 – March 3.
- Returning students completing a housing application by February 28 may select any available room on campus beginning March 6.
- New students completing a housing application by January 1 may select any available room on campus beginning March 13.
- New students completing a housing application after January 1 may select any available room on campus from March 20 to June 30.
If you have any questions about housing or the application/deposit process please contact the WVU Tech Campus Life Office at Tech-Campus-Life@mail.wvu.edu or (304) 442-3183.
Not sure what to bring to campus?
Visit our Move-In page for details about what to pack and what not to bring.